Never has been a year in the past been so competitive for the bike market in India. With KTM’s, Yamaha’s, Suzuki’s already giving the Indian manufacturers like Bajaj, Hero, Royal Enfield a tough competition, entering are the BMW’s, Ducati, Kawasaki, with their mid range 300 – 700 cc bikes.
Bike buyers are now not afraid to spend a little more to get performance and more style hence the current focus of bike manufacturers is shifting towards better-designed motorcycles, which are more powerful and definitely good looking
Here are the top 5 bikes in the range of 300 – 800 cc segment expected to launch in India in 2017.
- BMW G310 R: One of the most-awaited naked-street motorcycles of 2017 is the long-awaited BMW G 310 R. This beauty is being built jointly with TVS in India.This bike is being built in Hosur based manufacturing unit. The BMW G 310 R will be powered by a 313cc, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder engine tuned to produce 34bhp of power and 28Nm of torque, with a six-speed transmission.The bike is expected to have a top speed of around 144kmph and will come with standard dual-channel ABS for effective stopping power. The BMW G 310 R is expected to be priced just under the two-lakh mark around 2 lakhs. This bike is expected to hit Indian Markets before November 2017.
- TVS Akula 310 (Apache RTR): TVS Motor Company is all set to launch its flagship sportbike, the TVS Akula 310 (Apache RTR). This fully fared bike will its first one to offer by TVS. The RTR 300 is expected to be a track-focussed motorcycle, like the KTM RC series bike. This bike will get its power from 313 cc engine in the range of 36 bhp with 28 Nm torque. This bike will be attractively priced between 1.8 – 2 lakhs. This bike is expected to launch in India by July 2017.
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 2017: Kawasaki is all set to upgrade its existing 650 series with a new design inspired by ZX-6R. The bike gets a new chassis and a swingarm making the bike lighter by about 19 kg. This new verion is getting a slipper clutch and a more aerodynamic fearing. You will also see a big difference in the riding position of the bike as it will get more sportier than the outgoing model. This beast will be moderately priced at around 5.5 lakhs.
- Kawasaki Z650: This upcoming model will be replacing the naked version of the Kawasaki’s 650 the ER 6n. This new bike will be called the Z650. This bike will get the same engine as the Ninja 650. This bike is looking even more sportier than the outgoing ER6n. Also with the new 650 cc engine and sportier exhaust this bike is sure to turn around heads on the street.
- Ducati Monster 797: The Monster 797 borrows design and styling cues from the Monster 821 with a similar looking trellis frame, muscular fuel tank and beefy headlight design. This bike will deliver a 803cc L-twin making 75bhp and 68Nm of torque, with a six-speed gearbox. The entry of this bike in India will surely attract Ducati fans in India. This bike will be priced around 8 lakhs in India and is expected to launch in the fist half of 2017.